It is finally Spring, yet it does not mean you should be suffering from allergies! Here are a few steps you can take to avoid all the sneezing and coughing:
• Increase your consumption of anti-inflammatory and antihistamine foods: apples, berries, onion, garlic, ginger, turmeric, raw honey, green tea, coconut oil, apple cider vinegar, omega 3 foods (supplement, walnuts, flax, salmon), orange fruit and vegetables, leafy greens.
• Cut out dairy since it promotes mucous production, as well as sugar and gluten since they are inflammatory.
• Eat local raw honey (not for babies under 1 year), take bee pollen which is similar to homeopathy in that you are treating like with like.
• Increase your fluids to aid the body in diluting and expelling what it is try to get rid of (pollen, dust, etc).
• Drink nettle tea or take capsules, it is naturally rich in quercetin to ward off inflammation.
• Take 3 pellets each daily of homeopathic Pollens and Histaminum during allergy season. Let the pellets melt under the tongue, or dilute them in water.
• Supplement with Quercetin (250mg 3x/day with meals), Bromelain, Vitamin C (500mg 3x/day with meals), they are natural antihistamines.
• Rinse your nose daily with a Neti pot (¼ tsp salt + 1 cup warm water), use a nasal spray a few times daily.
• Air your home early in the morning and in the evening to renew the air. Avoid using the AC which will recirculate the toxic air. There are more toxins indoor than outdoor. You can also use an air filtration device in your bedroom.
• Take a shower before bed, change your sheets weekly to reduce your exposure to the allergens and wash hands after being outside.
For more information, please consult with me.
Alexandra Le Ny, CHC & Yoga Instructor
925 858 2133