· remove all electronic devices to avoid EMFs (no cell phone in bed, switch it to airplane mode) and turn off your wifi.
· say your gratitudes and write down any action items on a pad that you keep near your bed to empty your mind.
· meditate for a few minutes: sit or lie down, relaxing every part of your body. Focus on your breath and body sensations. Inhale to the count of 4 and exhale to the count of 6. Repeat until you fall asleep.
Sleep is crucial for many body functions: it supports memory, increases longevity, reduces stress and heart problems, and enhances metabolism.
If you still cannot sleep despite all these tips, there may be a medical issue underlying that needs your attention. I often find in my practice that when the guts are damaged, so is the brain. Healing your guts will go a long way towards improving the quality of your sleep.
Today I was asked by a yoga student about breathing (aka Prana-yama). Breathing is everything, It is called Prana in yoga or life force. We are nothing without it. Breathing in allows us to bring in oxygen and breathing out allows us to let go of toxins.
Deep breathing (down in the belly) triggers the para-sympathetic reaction (relaxation), whereas shallow breathing (in the lungs only) triggers the sympathetic reaction (fight and flight). Yoga aims to relax.
In yoga, we inhale on extension/effort and we exhale on contraction/release. It is just the natural movement of the lungs. Inhale fill-up, exhale squeeze out. Now give it a try :)
Alexandra Le Ny Certified Health Coach & Yoga Instructor 925 858 2133 “Empowering individuals to reclaim their health and happiness and regain balance in all areas of their life.”
Do you feel like you have lost control over your health & happiness and lost balance in your life? Health issues start creeping in that prescription drugs cannot seem to tame. You are cruising through life, without really feeling alive nor happy.
My name is Alexandra Le Ny. I am a certified Health Coach & Yoga Instructor. My work is that of a Nutritionist & Life Coach. I help my clients reclaim their health and happiness, by making realistic and sustainable changes to their diet and lifestyle, so they can regain balance in all areas of their life: body-mind-spirit.
I have a holistic approach to health, taking into account diet, lifestyle, exercise, work, relationships, and personal growth. I draw from my knowledge in nutrition, supplements, herbs, aromatherapy, and homeopathy to support their healing. I go down to the root cause of health problems, which are often connected to the heath of our guts, to eradicate them once and for all. I provide all the necessary lifestyle tools to help my clients transform and balance their life so they can thrive. When you are in a state of balance, there is no disease nor dissatisfaction.
My goal is to empower my clients so they are no longer a victim. As a Coach, I put the power back in your hands so you can heal yourself. I would love to talk to you! Contact me through my website at www.alexandraleny.com.
Alexandra Le Ny, CHC & Yoga Instructor 925 858 2133
• Do you want to maintain a healthy weight without counting calories and constantly stressing over what you eat? • Do you want to enjoy your family and friends fully without losing yourself? • Do you want to celebrate without the side effects?
In this practical class, I will give you all the necessary tools to avoid gaining weight and keep your sanity despite all the commitments during the holidays! You will regain control over your life, enjoy delicious foods without the side effects nor the guilt, and stay zen in the midst of the frenzy.
You will learn to:
• Establish healthy eating and lifestyle habits • Eat like the French • Control your cravings and overcome emotional eating • Establish safe boundaries while celebrating • Find balance
Cost: $50, early bird registration: $45 before November 1st. Space is limited!!
Register NOW by signing-up online www.theyogacompany.com
WHEN: Saturday, November 14TH from 2:00pm - 4:00pm
WHERE: The Yoga Company, 2410 San Ramon Valley Blvd #129, SAN RAMON, CA 94583, 925.838.9642