My Morning Routine ☀️
I like to start my day with coconut oil pulling, lemon water, ginger turmeric tea ☕️, fresh fruit, oatmeal with all the superfoods toppings, inspirational reading, meditation in the cool morning breeze and sun salutations to make my body up ✨
· remove all electronic devices to avoid EMFs (no cell phone in bed, switch it to airplane mode) and turn off your wifi.
· say your gratitudes and write down any action items on a pad that you keep near your bed to empty your mind.
· meditate for a few minutes: sit or lie down, relaxing every part of your body. Focus on your breath and body sensations. Inhale to the count of 4 and exhale to the count of 6. Repeat until you fall asleep.
Sleep is crucial for many body functions: it supports memory, increases longevity, reduces stress and heart problems, and enhances metabolism.
If you still cannot sleep despite all these tips, there may be a medical issue underlying that needs your attention. I often find in my practice that when the guts are damaged, so is the brain. Healing your guts will go a long way towards improving the quality of your sleep.
Despite all the precautions I take when eating out by choosing restaurants who pride themselves in using local, organic, sustainable ingredients and offer gluten-free options, I recently suffered from gluten exposure. I got "glutened" through cross-contamination at one of my favorite restaurants. Aside from the immediate reaction (tongue swelling, bloating, cramping), I also endured various side effects (headache, acne, fatigue, insomnia, etc.) for many days afterwards, which lowered my immunity to the point of catching a nasty cold days later that I am still recovering from.
Looking for summer recipes that will help you cool down on hot summer days?
Aim for ingredients that have a cooling energy such as celery, coconut, citrus, cucumber, mint, strawberry, tomato, watermelon, etc. Prefer raw foods over cooked foods and definitely stay away from hot, fried and spicy foods.
Here is a list of my favorite summer recipes (from my website):
French Lentils Salad with Beets & Fennel
Mediterranean Zucchini stuffed with Beef
Mexican Quinoa Salad
Pasta with Pesto & Zucchini
Polenta with Basil & Sundried Tomatoes
Quinoa & Chickpea Salad
Sardines & Grilled Vegetables
Shrimps, Kale & Shiitake Asian-style
Banana Ice Cream
Berry Chia Jam
Raw Almond Balls
Stay cool :)
Alexandra Le Ny Certified Health Coach & Yoga Instructor 925 858 2133
“Empowering individuals to reclaim their health and happiness and regain balance in all areas of their life.”
I am not a smoothie kind of girl. It may shock you to hear it from a Health Coach, but I prefer to chew my food and drink my liquids.
In my culture, we sit down at every meal and make it a ritual. It is a social thing, a time for ourselves or to connect with other human beings. We don't drive, work, phone, text, read or watch TV while eating. Besides distraction interferes with digestion. When you practice mindful eating, you feel satisfied, satiated and you digest well. For optimal nutrient absorption, foods are always best eaten in their whole form and well-chewed, so they can be processed by your digestive enzymes.
I only use my Vitamix to make a berry smoothie to sneak other liquid or powdered supplements such as chlorella and spirulina powders (since they taste gross alone!) and to get my daily dose of high-antioxidant berries, especially when they are hard to find in the winter. I typically buy them organic to avoid pesticides and frozen since they are more economical. I also like to make occasional treats like a tropical smoothie on a hot summer day or a decadent superfoods hot cocoa in the winter.
Unless you are always on the go, skip meals (which is a terrible “no” for blood sugar and weight loss) or don't eat enough vegetables & fruit, there is no need for a daily smoothie. If you do, be careful if you like to mix fruit & veggies together, they are not the best food combination, and can often lead to bloating, gas and discomfort if your digestion is sensitive. Fruit should be eaten alone or they will ferment in your digestive tract and you can imagine the rest. When sweetening your smoothie, stick to fresh or dried fruit.
I just saved you $400 from buying a fancy blender or from grabbing a daily smoothie to work that you can now invest in coaching sessions ;)
• Cut out dairy since it promotes mucous production, as well as sugar and gluten since they are inflammatory.
• Eat local rawhoney (not for babies under 1 year), take bee pollen which is similar to homeopathy in that you are treating like with like.
• Increase your fluids to aid the body in diluting and expelling what it is try to get rid of (pollen, dust, etc).
• Drink nettle tea or take capsules, it is naturally rich in quercetin to ward off inflammation.
• Take 3 pellets each daily of homeopathic Pollens and Histaminum during allergy season. Let the pellets melt under the tongue, or dilute them in water.
• Supplement with Quercetin (250mg 3x/day with meals), Bromelain, Vitamin C (500mg 3x/day with meals), they are natural antihistamines.
• Rinse your nose daily with a Neti pot (¼ tsp salt + 1 cup warm water), use a nasal spray a few times daily.
• Air your home early in the morning and in the evening to renew the air. Avoid using the AC which will recirculate the toxic air. There are more toxins indoor than outdoor. You can also use an air filtration device in your bedroom.
• Take a shower before bed, change your sheets weekly to reduce your exposure to the allergens and wash hands after being outside.
Do you feel like you have lost control over your health & happiness and lost balance in your life? Health issues start creeping in that prescription drugs cannot seem to tame. You are cruising through life, without really feeling alive nor happy.
My name is Alexandra Le Ny. I am a certified Health Coach & Yoga Instructor. My work is that of a Nutritionist & Life Coach. I help my clients reclaim their health and happiness, by making realistic and sustainable changes to their diet and lifestyle, so they can regain balance in all areas of their life: body-mind-spirit.
I have a holistic approach to health, taking into account diet, lifestyle, exercise, work, relationships, and personal growth. I draw from my knowledge in nutrition, supplements, herbs, aromatherapy, and homeopathy to support their healing. I go down to the root cause of health problems, which are often connected to the heath of our guts, to eradicate them once and for all. I provide all the necessary lifestyle tools to help my clients transform and balance their life so they can thrive. When you are in a state of balance, there is no disease nor dissatisfaction.
My goal is to empower my clients so they are no longer a victim. As a Coach, I put the power back in your hands so you can heal yourself. I would love to talk to you! Contact me through my website at www.alexandraleny.com.
Alexandra Le Ny, CHC & Yoga Instructor 925 858 2133
Spirituality is not religion. It is simply believing in a higher power, whether it be nature, divine spirit, source, universe or god. Whichever resonates with you.
As a Health Coach helping my clients balance all areas of their life body-mind-spirit, and as a Yoga Instructor, I often get asked what my spiritual practice is like. Since I am a practical girl, I wanted to share with you humbly a very simple routine I stick to every day that keeps me balanced, connected and in alignment with my truth. I hope it inspires you.
1) Meditation: Upon waking up (breathing, chakra balancing, intention for the day) Mid-day (breathing, chakra balancing, affirmations) Upon going to bed (breathing, chakra balancing, gratitude for the day)
I practice anywhere from 5mn to 20mn each time. It is all about consistency, better to practice 5mn every day if that is all you can squeeze, than none at all.
I start by focusing on my breathing and imaging a white light entering through the crown of my head circulating throughout my body as I release any toxic and negative energy through my tailbone and I ground myself down into the Earth.
Then I proceed onto saying my affirmations (in my head or out loud is even better). An affirmation being a positive word or sentence you repeat to manifest into your life. For instance: I am peaceful, I am loving, I am confident, etc.
I also take a daily walk in the afternoon. I say what I am grateful for and what my intentions are, as well as focus on my breathing and affirmations.
In today's busy world, it has become even more of a necessity to meditate and connect with ourselves in order to stay grounded and not lose our sanity.
2) Chakra Balancing Scan your body from the root (feet) to the crown of your head and say the related affirmation. Root: I am grounded, safe & secure Sacral: I am abundant, creative & sensual Solar: I am confident, have self-esteem, I am in my power & I am worthy Heart: I am loving and forgiving, I give and receive love, I speak from my heart, I am worthy of love Throat: I speak the truth from my heart, I communicate clearly Third Eye: I see clearly, I am intuitive Crown: I am spiritual, magical and connected to the Divine.
I use crystals to enhance my meditation by holding them in my hands. I also place a crystal in my pocket depending on what I want to manifest that day.
I also use essential oils to support each chakra. I apply a drop on the related chakra.
3) Inspiration: I read daily articles and work from inspiring sources such as Mind Body Green, Shelly Bullard, Lissa Rankin, Louise Hay, Doreen Virtue (I draw a card daily and use it in my meditation), etc. for inspiration and to help me stay on track with my spiritual goals.
4) Support: I recommend you get the support you need from holistic practitioners (coach, therapist, healer, intuitive reader) and use other modalities such as yoga, reiki, massage, chakra balancing, cranio-sacral, acupuncture, reflexology, hypnotherapy, EFT, TAT, BEST, etc. Most importantly, talk to loving and supportive friends, who you know are safe to open up to. I find that as I tell my story to others without really needing answers, it helps me make sense of the chaos and allows me to find my own answers.
5) Release: Get rid of the old to make room for the new. Release any toxic or negative energy from past, present, future and beyond. Forgive those who have hurt you, not because they deserve it, but because you do. Send them love.
6) Manifestation: Open yourself up: the more you open, the more you receive. Try to be as precise as you can when you visualize your future. Define your ideal job, partner, life, home, vacation, etc. in details until you can FEEL it like it is real. Always speak in the present tense. Neutralize any negative thought or action that is usually triggered in the present by a old refrained or unforgiven wound, by saying a positive affirmation. Be love, be peace, be light and feel it in every part of your being. Burst with joy! Positive attracts positive, negative attracts negative. Believe you can do anything. Your old beliefs are the only thing that is in the way of you manifesting your dream life, so let go of them!
Aside from doing mental and spiritual work, you can also do a body cleanse, which can only enhance your experience. Consume light foods, soups, juices, vegetables, fruit, herbals teas, etc. You can also take a detox supplement, practice oil pulling and abyhanga (warm oil massage), dry brush your body or take an epsom salt bath.
You may feel like it is all very time consuming, so pick and choose what resonates with you and fits in your lifestyle. I promise you the benefits will surpass your expectations in terms of peace, clarity, and productivity. Give it a try and let me know how it goes for you. If you need a little guidance and support, as always, I am here to assist you on your journey.