Choose organic ingredients to avoid chemicals and GMOs.
6 eggs, 1/4 almond milk (unsweetened), 1/4 grated cheese (optional), 1/2 yellow onion (chopped), 1 cup red bell pepper (chopped), 1 cup mushrooms (sliced), 1 Tbs olive oil, 1/4 cup of fresh or dried herbs (basil, oregano, rosemary, thyme, sage, etc), 1/2 tsp sea salt, pinch of black pepper, pinch of nutmeg, tapenade (optional).
1. Preheat oven at 325F.
2. Heat a 10-inch oven-proof skillet over medium heat for 2 mn. Add the oil and coat the bottom and side of the skillet evenly.
3. Add onions and cook for 2 mn.
4. Add herbs, bell pepper and mushrooms and cook gently until softened (10 mn).
5. In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs with 1/4 almond milk. Add cheese if desired, herbs, nutmeg, salt and pepper.
6. Pour the eggs over the vegetables and cook gently for 5 mn without stirring.
7. Place the skillet in the oven and cook for another 15 mn until the eggs are set. Remove from the oven and loosen the edges of the frittata with a knife and spatula.
8. Place onto a serving dish. Serve with a green salad and tapenade (olive paste).
A frittata is any easy and economical dish to prepare in a pinch that can be eaten warm or cold. All you need is some eggs and a few vegetables. Great for picnics, parties or pack to work/school!
Gluten-free, Paleo, Vegetarian.
Alexandra Le Ny Health Coaching