Choose organic ingredients to avoid chemicals and GMOs.
2 egg yolks, 3 Tbs of light brown sugar, 1 cup of milk of choice, ½ vanilla pod (cut in half and scraped), 2 Tbs of corn or tapioca starch.
1. Bring the milk to a gentle boil with the vanilla pod in a saucepan.
2. In a separate bowl, whip the egg yolks with sugar, and mix in the starch gently to avoid any lumps.
3. Slowly pour some of the hot milk into the bowl mixture, whipping constantly until well mixed.
4. Pour everything back into the saucepan and bring to a boil stirring constantly for about 5 mn.
5. Remove from heat as soon as it starts boiling. Pour into a dish or individual containers and let completely cool. You can serve as it is or use as a spread for cakes.
This light dessert is a French recipe called Creme Patissiere that can be eaten as is or used as a spread in cakes. You can make it dairy-free by using unsweetened almond milk.
Alexandra Le Ny Health Coaching