1 sweet potato (or pumpkin or winter squash), 1/8 tsp cinnamon, 1/4 cup canned coconut milk, 1 handful of pecans, 1 Tbs ground flax seed or coconut flakes, 1 tsp maple syrup grade B.
1. Rinse sweet potato, dry, prick with a knife all around and place in an oven proof dish. Bake at 350F for 45 mn or until soft and caramelized. You can do the same with pumpkin or winter squash, just cut in half, remove seeds and bake face down in the dish.
2. Let it cool. Remove the peel and set aside.
3. Place 1-2 cups of cooked sweet potato in a small pan. Break it down into chunks with a fork. Add a little water to reheat gently for 5-10 mn.
4. Sprinkle cinnamon and mix gently.
5. Turn the gas off and and serve into a bowl.
6. Drizzle coconut milk all over without mixing.
7. Sprinkle ground flax seed or coconut flakes, pecans, and top off with maple syrup.
If you are looking to reduce grains in your diet and miss your morning porridge, this version will delight you. Bake the sweet potato (winter squash or pumpkin) the night before and you will whip that breakfast in no time.
Paleo, Gluten-free, Vegan, Vegetarian.
Alexandra Le Ny Health Coaching