Choose organic ingredients to avoid chemicals and GMOs.
3 apples, 1 Tbs ghee, 1 Tbs lemon juice, 1/2 tsp warm spices (cinnamon, cardamom, cloves), 1/4 cup water, 1 Tbs dried fruit (raisins, cranberries, cherries), 1 Tbs chopped nuts (almonds, walnuts, hazelnuts).
1. Peel the apples and slice them up.
2. Saute ghee in a heavy pan with a lid.
3. Add spices, toss apples and lemon juice.
4. Mix gently and add 1/4 cup of water. Cover and let cook gently for about 15 mn until the apples are tender, but not mushy.
5. Sprinkle dried fruit and nuts and serve individually.
This warm comforting dish can be eaten for breakfast or as a treat. The ghee and warm spices will help stimulate your digestion and soothe your soul.
Gluten-free, Paleo, Vegetarian.
Alexandra Le Ny Health Coaching