Choose organic ingredients to avoid chemicals and GMOs.
4 pastured eggs, 1 bunch of greens such as chard, kale, collard (sliced), 1 large red bell pepper or two small (sliced), 8 mushrooms (sliced), 1 small onion (diced), 2 garlic cloves (crushed), 2 Tbs olive oil, 1 Tbs apple cider vinegar, 2 Tbs of fresh herbs or 1 Tbs of dried herbs (basil, oregano, rosemary, thyme), sea salt & pepper, 1 tsp of turmeric, 1 ripe avocado.
1. Rinse and chop vegetables.
2. In a large pan, heat 2 Tbs olive oil. Add diced onion and garlic cooking about 5 mn until translucent.
3. Add dense vegetables (bell pepper, mushrooms, etc.) and top off with greens. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Cook for 15 mn, stirring half way through.
5. Turn the gas off and add 1 Tbs of apple cider vinegar.
6. In the meantime, boil water in a pan. Delicately place 4 eggs and boil gently for 8 mn. Remove water and replace with cold water (makes peeling easier). Wait 2 mn and peel the shell off the eggs. Alternately you can make the eggs poached.
7. Serve vegetables on plates. Place an egg in the center, cut it in half and sprinkle turmeric over it. Add diced avocado all around.
8. You can serve with a slice of fresh or toasted bread.
This is my to-go dish when I don’t know what to cook, virtually have nothing left in the fridge or need to improvise a meal last minute. It is also very forgiving, you can just throw any vegetables you have at hand. Yet, it is complete with protein, carbs (veggies are carbs!) and healthy fats.
Gluten-free, Paleo, Vegetarian.
Alexandra Le Ny Health Coaching