Choose organic ingredients to avoid chemicals and GMOs.
1 Tbs coconut oil, ½ yellow onion (thinly sliced), 1 bell pepper (finely sliced), 2 carrots (finely sliced), 4 shiitake mushrooms (sliced), 1 head of broccoli, 1 can (14 oz) coconut milk, 1 fresh chili (chopped), 1 Tbs garlic (crushed), 1 Tbs grated fresh ginger, 4 kaffir lime leaves, 1 lemongrass stick (broken up), 1 Tbs lime juice, 1 Tbs fish sauce, 1 lb large prawns or rock shrimp, (shelled and deveined), ¼ cup Thai basil (chopped), basmati or jasmine rice (if non-paleo). Note: You can use 2 Tbs of green curry paste in lieu of chili, garlic, ginger, kaffir and lemongrass.
1. In a sauté pan over medium-heat, heat coconut oil and sauté onion and ginger over high heat for 3 mn.
2. Add garlic, chili, coconut milk, lemongrass, lime juice and kaffir lime leaves, (or green curry paste) and cook for 5 mn, stirring to blend well.
3. Add vegetables, stir, cover and cook 5mn.
4. Add prawns, cover and cook until prawns are just firm or orange-pink in color, about 5-10 mn. Turn off heat.
5. Add basil and fish sauce, stir lightly and serve over rice.
Coconut curry is comforting, nourishing, and warming with ginger and chili. It is a complete meal with vegetables, protein, healthy fats and carbs.
Alexandra Le Ny Health Coaching