Choose organic ingredients to avoid chemicals and GMOs.
1 cups water, 1 cup quinoa (soaked overnight, rinsed), 1 Tbs ghee/olive oil, 1 small cauliflower head, 1/2 yellow onion (diced), 1 bunch chard (chopped), 2 garlic cloves (mashed), 1 Tbs herb mix (basil, oregano, thyme, rosemary), 1/2 tsp sea salt, ground pepper, cilantro for garnish.
1. Rinse, drain quinoa and place in rice cooker with 1 cup of water.
2. Rinse cauliflower and place in a steaming basket over a simmering pan. Cook for about 30 mn until soft when inserting a knife.
3. Season salmon with a pinch of salt and pepper and a squeeze of lemon. Bake in the oven skin-down in an oven-proof dish at 350F for about 15mn.
4. In a heavy pan, heat the olive oil or ghee and stir in onion, garlic and herbs, salt and pepper. Let cook over medium heat till softened and just light browned. Rinse chard, chop and add to pan. Cover, and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. Serve chard in individual plates, top with quinoa, salmon, avocado and cilantro, surround with steamed cauliflower. Add a drizzle of olive oil and lemon juice over dish.
This is a complete meal with healthy fats, carbs and protein. Salmon is rich in omega 3s, avocado high in mono-unsaturated fats, quinoa is a complete protein (omit if paleo), chard if full of phytonutrients and cauliflower is a detoxifying cruciferous.
Alexandra Le Ny Health Coaching