Choose organic ingredients to avoid chemicals and GMOs.
1 lb wild salmon, 4 Tbs olive oil, 1 bunch of beets, 1 head of cauliflower, 8 cups of baby greens, 1 lemon (juice), 1 ripe avocado (diced), 2 scallions, 1/2 bunch of parsley (chopped), 1 Tbs apple cider vinegar, 1 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp black pepper.
1. Place salmon skin down in a flat oven-proof dish. Squeeze lemon juice over it, drizzle 1 Tbs of olive oil, add salt & pepper. Bake in the oven at 350F for 20mn.
2. Cut off the leaves (use in another dish) of the beets. Wash and steam the beets in a steamer for 30mn until you can insert a knife. Let them cool down.
3. Peel and cut the beets off in bite-size pieces.
4. Place the beets in a bowl, add 1 Tbs of olive oil, 1 Tbs of lemon juice, salt & pepper, and 1/2 cup of chopped parsley. Mix well.
5. Steam cauliflower for 30mn until you can insert a knife.
6. Make a green salad: throw baby greens in a bowl, drizzle 2 Tbs of olive oil, 1 Tbs of apple cider vinegar, salt & pepper. Use scissors to cut scallions finely over the salad. Mix well.
7. Serve into plates: start with a bed of green salad, top with salmon and avocado. Scatter beets and cauliflower all around and sprinkle parsley all over.
This is a complete meal with healthy fats, carbs and protein. Salmon is rich in omega 3s, avocado is high in mono-unsaturated fats, greens are full of phytonutrients and broccoli is a detoxifying cruciferous.
Alexandra Le Ny Health Coaching