Choose organic ingredients to avoid chemicals and GMOs.
2 Tbs olive oil, 1 yellow onion (diced), 2 garlic cloves (crushed), 1 Tbs herbes de Provence (basil, oregano, rosemary, thyme), 1 eggplant (cubed), 1 yellow bell pepper (diced), 3 zucchini (cubed), 4 roma tomatoes (diced).
1. In a heavy pan, heat the olive oil.
2. Add the chopped onion, minced garlic and saute for 5 mn.
3. Add the fresh or dried herbs (basil, oregano, rosemary, thyme).
4. Add in the following order, mixing gently after each ingredient: eggplant, bell pepper, zucchini, tomatoes.
5. Let cook without cover for about 30mn. Serve as a side dish.
As I am sitting here in sunny Provence, listening to the sound of the crickets and smelling the lavender, I thought I would share one of my favorite local dishes. Ratatouille can be prepared ahead of time and served cold or warm as a side dish. Perfect for summer! I like to sprinkle sheep feta on top and serve with black olives.
Gluten-free, Paleo, Vegan, Vegetarian.
Alexandra Le Ny Health Coaching