Choose organic ingredients to avoid chemicals and GMOs.
1 cup quinoa (presoaked overnight), 1 bunch curly kale, 2 Tbs sesame oil, 2 Tbs tamari or coconut aminos, 1 lemon juice, 1 Tbs grated ginger, 2 garlic cloves (crushed), 2 scallions (chopped), 1 Tbs toasted sesame seeds, 1 avocado (diced), 1 nori sheet (shredded), 1/2 cup fresh cilantro (chopped).
1. Drain soaked quinoa and rinse. Cook in rice cooker per instructions and let cool.
2. Rinse kale thoroughly and pat dry. Remove center ribs and slice into ribbons. Place in steamer and steam over boiling water for 10 mn. Let cool.
3. In a salad bowl, mix dressing ingredients (sesame oil, tamari, lemon juice, ginger, garlic, scallions, sesame seeds).
4. Add quinoa and mix gently.
5. Add steamed kale, serve individually and top each plate with avocado, shredded nori and cilantro. Serve with miso soup (recipes in index).
This salad resembles sushi by its ingredients but is much quicker to make and loaded with nutrient-dense foods. Rice can be used instead of quinoa. A warm miso soup will complement this dish nicely.
Gluten-free, Vegan, Vegetarian.
Alexandra Le Ny Health Coaching