Choose organic ingredients to avoid chemicals and GMOs.
1 cup organic polenta, 3 cups of water, 1/4 chopped sundried tomatoes in oil, 1/2 cup chopped basil, 1/2 tsp sea salt, black pepper, drizzle of olive oil.
1. Bring the water to a boil in a saucepan.
2. Add polenta while slowly mixing with a whisk. Keep whisking away until it starts to thicken.
3. Add other ingredients and continue cooking for about 15mn total. You can add 1/4 cup of grated parmesan cheese if desired.
4. Pour into a flat pyrex dish, let it cool and slice up before serving.
5. Serve cold or warm as a side dish. I like to serve it with tapenade (olive paste) or pesto on the side.
I like to serve this dish alongside with grilled vegetables and chicken in the summer or with a hearty tomato and mushroom sauce in the winter. You can eat polenta cold or warm and conveniently take it to a potluck party. For those staying away from gluten, corn is a great alternative! Make sure to buy it organic, since 90% of the corn grown in the USA is GMO.
Gluten-free, Vegan, Vegetarian
Alexandra Le Ny Health Coaching