Choose organic ingredients to avoid chemicals and GMOs.
Pie Crust: 1 cup almond flour, 1/2 cup brown rice flour, 1/4 cup tapioca starch, 1/4 cup coconut flour, 2 tsp guar gum, 1 tsp baking powder, 1/2tsp sea salt, 4 Tbs soft butter (room temperature), 1 egg, 1 Tbs apple cider vinegar, 1/4 cup water.
Filling: 3 eggs, 1/2 cup honey, 1 cup maple syrup, 1 tsp vanilla extract, pinch of salt, 2 Tbs butter or coconut oil (melted and cooled), 1 ½ cups pecan pieces.
1. In a bowl, mix almond flour, brown rice flour, tapioca starch, coconut flour, guar gum, baking powder and salt.
2. Add softened butter, egg, acv and water. Mix well until it forms a dough.
3. Press dough into a 9-inch pie dish. Bake at 350F for 15 mn.
4. Remove from oven and let cool.
5. Preheat oven to 400°F.
6. Beat eggs in a mixing bowl with a wire whisk or rotary beater.
7. Beat in maple syrup, vanilla and salt.
8. Add cooled butter and pecan pieces and stir well.
9. Pour into prepared pie crust and bake for 10 mn. Reduce heat to 350°F and bake another 30 mn or until set but not dry.
Like all my recipes, this pecan pie is gluten-free. I use a blend of grains and almond flour, but you can easily make it with just almond flour (reduce butter to 2 Tbs or substitute for coconut oil if vegan). I prefer to stay away from table sugar, therefore I only use maple as a sweetener in this pie.
Alexandra Le Ny Health Coaching