Choose organic ingredients to avoid chemicals and GMOs.
1 lb bag of gluten-free fusilli pasta (I use Trader Joe’s), 1 15 oz can of cannellini beans (drained and rinsed), 4 large zucchini, 1 basket of cherry tomatoes (or sundried tomatoes), 1/2 cup of pesto, 1/4 cup olive oil, 1/8 cup balsamic vinegar, 1/2 cup chopped red onion, 1/4 cup pine nuts, 1/2 tsp sea salt, black pepper, lemon juice, herbs, black olives.
1. Cook pasta according to package instructions. Rinse with cold water and drain.
2. Cut zucchini in half lengthwise, brush with a marinade made of olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, herbs (basil, oregano, rosemary, thyme), salt and pepper.
3. Grill zucchini in the oven or on BBQ until tender.
4. In a large salad bowl, place the pasta, add olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and pesto. Mix well. Add chopped zucchini, cherry tomatoes, red onion, beans and olives.
5. Serve individually topped with chopped basil, as a main or side dish.
This Italian-style pasta salad makes a wonderful main or side dish that can easily be prepared in advance so you can spend time with your loved ones.
Notes: you can make your own pesto by processing 2 cups of basil leaves, 1/2 cup walnuts or sunflower seeds, 1/4 cup olive oil, 1/4 cup grated parmesan or nutritional yeast, 2 garlic cloves, juice of 1 lemon, s & p.
Gluten-free, Vegan, Vegetarian.
Alexandra Le Ny Health Coaching