Choose organic ingredients to avoid chemicals and GMOs.
1 lb potatoes (diced), 2 Tbs olive oil, 2 garlic cloves (crushed), 1 tsp dried rosemary, 1 tsp dried thyme, 1/2 tsp sea salt, 1/4 tsp ground black pepper, fresh parsley (chopped).
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Rinse and dry the potatoes.
3. Cut them in large chunks or in half for baby potatoes.
4. Spread on a large baking sheet or flat dish.
5. Add herbs, seasonings, garlic and olive oil. Mix well to cover.
6. Bake the potatoes, stirring occasionally, until golden brown for about 30 mn.
7. Sprinkle parsley on top and serve as a side or as a main with a large salad.
Potatoes are a great alternative to grains for those on a gluten-free diet, provided you are not sensitive to nightshade vegetables (including bell pepper, tomato, eggplant) and do not suffer from leaky gut. Choose red skin potatoes versus white, as they have a lower glycemic index. Feel free to use any herb you have in your pantry or garden.
Gluten-free, Vegan, Vegetarian.
Alexandra Le Ny Health Coaching