Choose organic ingredients to avoid chemicals and GMOs.
Leftover from Citrus-Herb Chicken (find recipe in index), 1 large sweet potato (or 2 small), 1 small fennel bulb (sliced thinly), 8 cups of baby greens, 1/4 cup of red onion (chopped), 1 pomegranate (unseeded) or 1/4 cup of dried cranberries, 1/2 cup of pecans (roasted). 2 Tbs of olive oil, 1 Tbs of balsamic vinegar, 1 ripe avocado (diced), 1/4 cup of parsley (chopped), 1/2 tsp sea salt, 1/4 tsp black pepper.
1. Wash and prick the sweet potato with a fork or knife all around. Place in a flat dish and bake in the oven at 350F for 45mn-1h, until it becomes soft and caramelized. Let it cool down.
2. If you don’t have any leftover chicken, refer to my Citrus-Herb Chicken marinade and bake in the oven at 350F during the last 30mn of baking the sweet potato.
3. Roast pecans in a flat dish during the last 10mn of baking the sweet potato.
4. Wash the pomegranate. Slice in 4 quarters and remove the seeds carefully. I usually do this over a plate in the sink, since it gets messy. Set aside.
5. Slice the fennel bulb very finely (paper thin). Set aside.
6. Make a green salad: throw baby greens in a bowl, drizzle 2 Tbs of olive oil, 1 Tbs of balsamic vinegar, salt & pepper. Add fennel, red onion, pecans and pomegranate. Mix well.
7. Serve into plates: start with a bed of salad, top with some sliced chicken and diced avocado.
8. Peel off the sweet potato, dice it up and scatter it all around each plate. Sprinkle parsley on top.
I like to use some leftover chicken to play up a salad around it. Gather a few Fall vegetables like fennel, sweet potatoes or root vegetables. Add some seasonal fruit like persimmon, pomegranate or cranberries and you have made yourself a delicious meal!
Alexandra Le Ny Health Coaching