Choose organic ingredients to avoid chemicals and GMOs.
45 minutes - 1 hour
3-4 large sweet potatoes, 1 orange (juice + zest), 1/2 cup roasted pecans, 1/4 cup maple syrup grade B.
1. Wash the sweet potatoes. Prick them with a knife all around.
2. Place them in an oven-proof flat dish and bake in the oven at 350F for 45 mn-1h depending on size, until soft and a caramelized juice comes out.
3. Let the sweet potatoes cool down and peel them.
4. Mash them up with a fork, adding orange juice and zest.
5. Place the mixture in a flat dish, even out with a fork.
6. Sprinkle roasted pecans and drizzle with maple syrup on top.
7. Keep in warm oven until ready to serve.
The sourness of the orange in this side dish will nicely complement the sweetness of the sweet potatoes. Sprinkled with roasted pecans and drizzled with maple syrup, it is almost a dessert in itself! This dish is high in vitamin A and C (great for immunity and anti-cancer), complex carbs and fiber.
Gluten-free, Paleo, Vegan, Vegetarian.
Alexandra Le Ny Health Coaching