Choose organic ingredients to avoid chemicals and GMOs.
2 oranges + 1 extra for decoration, ½ cup maple syrup, 6 pastured eggs, 1 ½ cups almond flour, 1 tsp almond extract, 1 pinch of sea salt.
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Oil and flour a 9-inch springform pan.
3. Wash two oranges and immerse them in pan filled with water. Cover, bring to a boil and simmer for 1h until soft when inserting a knife.
4. Drain the oranges, cool and slice into big chunks.
5. Add the oranges to a food processor with the maple syrup, and process until smooth.
6. Using an electric mixer, beat the eggs in a bowl until frothy.
7. Blend in the almond flour, almond extract and salt.
8. Add the orange mixture and mix well.
9. Pour batter into the springform pan. Slice an orange thinly, removing the ends, and arrange the slices on the cake. Bake for 1h.
10. Remove from oven and let cool on a rack.
This delicious cake is the perfect marriage between citrus and almonds. It is light and moist and can be made with oranges or lemons. Since it contains no grain flour, it will be easy to digest and will offer a lighter alternative to most cakes at the end of a meal. At tea-time, it pairs really well with Early Grey tea!
Gluten-free, Dairy-free, Paleo, Vegetarian.
Alexandra Le Ny Health Coaching