Choose organic ingredients to avoid chemicals and GMOs.
1 cup of millet (presoaked overnight & drained), 1 pack of 8oz smoked wild salmon, 1 Tbs ghee or olive oil, 1 lb mushrooms (button, crimini, shiitake, etc. or combination), 1 large shallot (peeled and diced), 2 garlic cloves (crushed), 1 tsp dried thyme, 1/2 cup parsley (chopped).
1. Rinse and drain presoaked millet and cook in a rice cooker with 1 cup of water. Let cool and fluff with a fork.
2. Heat up the ghee or olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Saute shallot and garlic for 5mn until translucent.
3. Add thyme and mix.
4. Rinse and slice mushrooms. Add them to the skillet and saute for 15mn until soft.
5. Blend millet, parsley and mushrooms together.
6. Serve on individual plates and scatter smoked salmon all around.
7. Serve with a green salad or sauteed spinach as a side.
Millet is a gluten-free grain that resembles couscous and complements all vegetables dishes well. Mushrooms are full of zinc to support your immune system, while smoked salmon is a ready-to-use source of omega 3s essential for your brain, heart, hormones and skin.
Notes: you can also make this dish with gluten-free pasta instead of millet.
Gluten-free, Vegan/Vegetarian (without salmon).
Alexandra Le Ny Health Coaching