Choose organic ingredients to avoid chemicals and GMOs.
8z of 70% dark chocolate (broken down in chunks), 4 oz toasted nuts and seeds (almonds, walnuts, pistachios, hazelnut, pumpkin) broken in pieces, 4oz dried fruit (goji, cranberries, cherries, blueberries, raisins), sea salt.
1. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Toast the nuts and seeds in a pan a few minutes for a golden color and to enhance flavor.
3. Place the chocolate in small bowl over simmering water.
4. Keep on medium-high for about 10 mn to let the chocolate melt, stirring gently.
5. Remove the bowl and drop small disks on the parchment paper with a spoon, spacing them apart.
6. Sprinkle dried fruit and nuts. Top with a pinch of sea salt if desired.
7. If you have some nuts and melted chocolate left, mix them together in the pan and drop small clusters on parchment paper.
Mendiants are a Christmas tradition in the South of France. These healthy treats will brighten up your holiday table or make a beautiful gift. They are easy and quick to make, are full of antioxidants with cacao and healthy fats with nuts and seeds.
Gluten-free, Paleo, Vegan, Vegetarian. Makes 15-20 disks.
Alexandra Le Ny Health Coaching