Choose organic ingredients to avoid chemicals and GMOs.
6 cups gluten-free bread cubes or 1 package gluten-free stuffing cubes, already toasted, 2 Tbs ghee or butter, 2 shallots (minced), 1 yellow onion (diced), 2 stalks celery (diced), 2 carrots (diced), 2 tsp rosemary, 2 tsp dried sage, 2 tsp dried thyme, 1/2 tsp sea salt, 1/2 tsp ground black pepper, 1/2 cup dry white wine, 1 cup gluten-free chicken broth, 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley, spray oil.
1. Preheat the oven to 300°F.
2. Spread bread on a large rimmed baking sheet. Bake, stirring occasionally, until dried and golden brown, about 20 mn. Let cool. Increase the oven temperature to 325°F. If using pre-made stuffing cubes, skip this step.
3. In a medium skillet, melt ghee or butter over medium heat. Add shallots, onion, celery and carrots and cook, stirring frequently, until soft and golden brown.
4. Add rosemary, sage, thyme, salt and pepper and cook over medium heat for 2 mn.
5. Add wine and continue to cook over medium heat until liquid is reduced by half.
6. Lightly coat a 9x13-inch baking dish with spray oil. In a large bowl, combine vegetable mixture with bread cubes, chicken broth and parsley. Transfer to the prepared baking dish and bake until hot throughout and golden brown, about 30 mn.
Like all my recipes, this stuffing is gluten-free. I don’t stuff the turkey with it, I like to serve it as a side. It is really quick and easy to make, especially if you buy a pack of gluten-free bread cubes.
Gluten-free, Vegan, Vegetarian.
Alexandra Le Ny Health Coaching