Choose organic ingredients to avoid chemicals and GMOs.
1.5 cups French lentils (soaked overnight, rinsed and drained), 3 Tbs olive oil (divided), 1 Tbs apple cider vinegar, 1 Tbs balsamic vinegar, 1/2 lemon juice, 1/2 cup chopped parsley, 4 chopped scallions, 1 sprig of thyme, 1 laurel leaf, 1 ripe avocado (cubed), s & p.
1. Wash beets and place them in a steamer over simmering water. Steam for about 30 mn or until they are soft when you insert a knife. Let cool.
2. Place soaked lentils in a heavy pot and add 1.5 cups filtered water, thyme, laurel, s & p. Bring to a boil, lower heat to medium-low, cover and cook until water is absorbed (keep an eye on them!). Let cool.
3. Peel the beets, cut them in quarters and place them in a bowl with 1 Tbs olive oil, lemon juice, 1/4 cup chopped parsley, s & p. Coat evenly.
4. Prepare the salad by placing 2 cups of greens per person in a large bowl. Shave fennel thinly with a knife or a mandoline. Add 2 Tbs olive oil, apple cider vinegar, 2 chopped scallions, s & p.
5. Once the lentils are cooked and cooled, season them with 1 Tbs olive oil, balsamic vinegar, remaining parsley, 2 chopped scallions or 1/4 cup red onion, s & p.
6. Serve salad on individual plates, scoop some lentils in the center, decorate with beets and avocado all around.
Get your protein and iron on with this French lentils salad, lemon & parsley beets, shaved fennel, avocado and spring onions. Lentils are quick to prepare, a great source of protein, fiber, minerals and help balance blood sugar and combat anemia for a steady supply of energy.
Gluten-free, Vegan, Vegetarian.
Alexandra Le Ny Health Coaching