Choose organic ingredients to avoid chemicals and GMOs.
Dal: 1 cup lentils (French, black or green), 3 cups water, 1 Tbs of Dosha-balancing spice mix (cumin, coriander, fennel, turmeric), 1 inch-piece of grated ginger root, 1 pinch of sea salt, black pepper to taste, 1 Tbs seaweed (strands or flakes), 1 tsp ghee (up to 1 Tbs for Vata).
Greens: 1 bunch greens (chard, kale, collard), 1 garlic clove, 1 Tbs lemon juice or apple cider vinegar, 1 avocado, salt & pepper.
1. Soak the lentils overnight to improve digestibility and rinse off.
2. Place all dal ingredients in a pot, add 3 cups of water, bring to a boil and simmer for 30 minutes. Cook well, the texture should be smooth. Stir and check liquid to prevent burning.
3. Wash the greens. Chop them up and steam for 10mn.
4. Toss greens with 1 mashed garlic clove, 1 Tbs olive oil, 1 Tbs lemon juice or apple cider vinegar, salt and pepper.
5. Serve with lentils and top with diced avocado and chopped parsley.
This Ayurvedic dish is simple to make and easy to digest thanks to the ghee and digestive spices. Lentils are a great source of protein and fiber.
Alexandra Le Ny Health Coaching