Choose organic ingredients to avoid chemicals and GMOs.
8 oz crab meat, 1 small fennel bulb (sliced paper thin), 8 cups of baby greens, 2 ripe avocados, 1 lemon juice, 1/4 cup of red onion (diced thinly), 1/4 cup cilantro (chopped), 4 Tbs of olive oil, 2 Tbs of apple cider vinegar, 4 scallions (chopped), 1/2 tsp cumin powder, 1/2 tsp sea salt, 1/4 tsp black pepper.
1. Peel, scoop and mash avocados in a plate with a fork.
2. Add lemon juice, red onion, cilantro, cumin, salt and pepper. Mix well.
3. Slice the fennel bulb very finely (paper thin). Set aside.
4. Make a green salad: throw baby greens in a bowl, drizzle olive oil, apple cider vinegar, salt & pepper.
5. Add fennel, scallions. Mix well.
6. Serve salad and crab mix on individual plates.
7. Serve with crackers.
I like to serve this festive salad during the holidays when crab is at its peak of freshness and flavor. You can also use canned crab in a pinch.
Alexandra Le Ny Health Coaching