Choose organic ingredients to avoid chemicals and GMOs.
Bottom layer: 1/2 cup raw almonds (presoaked overnight, rinsed & drained), 1/4 cup cacao powder, 4 pitted medjool dates.
Middle layer: 1 1/2 cups shredded coconut, 1/2 cup raw cashews (presoaked overnight, rinsed & drained), 1 heaping tablespoon of raw honey, 1 heaping tablespoon of coconut oil, 1/2 tsp vanilla extract, pinch sea salt.
Top layer: 100g melted 70% dark chocolate or 4 Tbs cacao powder + 2 Tbs coconut oil + 2 Tbs maple syrup.
1. Process almonds and cacao powder in a food processor until the mixture is fine and well combined.
2. Add the dates until the mixture sticks together.
3. Press the bottom layer evenly into each cup of a muffin tray.
4. Place in the fridge to set.
5. Process ingredients for the middle layer in a food processor until well combined.
6. Spoon the mixture evenly onto the bottom layer.
7. Top with melted dark chocolate. Alternately you can make your own by blending cacao, coconut oil, and maple syrup until you reach a creamy consistency.
8. Place the tray in fridge to set. Once set, remove from the muffin cups delicately with a knife and serve individually. These tartlets keep best in the fridge.
These raw chocolate coconut tartlets are out of this world! They are gluten-grain-dairy-sugar free and made with clean nutritious ingredients. Make sure to soak the nuts overnight to remove the enzyme inhibitors that prevent nutrient absorption.
Gluten-free, Dairy-free, Sugar-free, Paleo, Vegan, Vegetarian.
Alexandra Le Ny Health Coaching