Use organic ingredients whenever possible to avoid toxin exposure.
1/4 cup coconut oil, 1 egg, 1/4 cup coconut sugar, 2 Tbs maple syrup, 1 tsp vanilla extract, 1 1/2 cups blanched almond flour, 2 Tbs coconut flour, 1/2 tsp baking soda, 1/2 tsp sea salt, 1/4 cup 70% dark chocolate chip cookies.
1. Preheat the oven at 350F.2. Beat the coconut oil and egg together in a bowl until creamy.
2. Add the coconut sugar, maple, vanilla extract and mix well.
3.Add the flours, baking soda, sea salt and mix well.
4. Stir the chocolate chips in by hand.
5. Using a large spoon, scoop some dough and place it on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Flatten the top and round the edges into 1/2-inch thick cookies.
6. Bake in the oven for 10 mn until the edges become brown. Cool on a wire rack.
These cookies are soft and chewy and make a perfect treat for those who are looking for a cookie without grains. This recipe can be made by hand or using a food processor.
Gluten-free, Dairy-free, Paleo, Vegetarian.
Alexandra Le Ny Health Coaching. Recipe adapted from Against All Grain cookbook by Danielle Walker.