Choose organic ingredients to avoid chemicals and GMOs.
2 Tbs olive oil, 1 yellow onion (diced), 1 yellow bell pepper (diced), 3 cloves garlic (crushed), 1 Tbs chili powder, 1 tsp basil, 1 tsp oregano, 1 tsp cumin, 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes (optional), s&p, 1 lb leanest ground beef, 1 jar (15oz) tomato sauce, 1 jar (15oz) diced tomatoes, 2 cups cooked chili or pinto beans, 1/2 cup chopped cilantro.
1. In a large heavy pan, heat oil over medium heat. Add onions and garlic and saute 5 mn, stirring frequently until onions are translucent.
2. Add chopped bell pepper and mix.
3. Stir in chili powder, basil, oregano, cumin, crushed red pepper if desired and cook 3 mn, stirring constantly.
4. Add ground beef, breaking it down and stirring to brown the meat for 5 mn.
5. Add tomato sauce, diced tomatoes and cooked beans.
6. Season with salt and pepper, then bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer, cover and cook for 30 mn, stirring often, until flavors have melted and sauce is thickened.
7. Stir in cilantro, serve with a side of green salad, cubed avocado, tortilla chips or corn bread.
Here is a hearty and warming stew with its heating spices that makes up a complete meal. I like to serve it into bowls with a side of green salad, diced avocado and tortilla chips. You can slow cook in a crockpot. Perfect for these cold and busy days.
Alexandra Le Ny Health Coaching