Choose organic ingredients to avoid chemicals and GMOs.
2 Tbs coconut oil, 2 large chicken breasts (cubed), 1 yellow onion (diced), 2 garlic cloves (crushed), 1 Tbs curry powder, 1 tsp turmeric, ½ tsp cinnamon, 1 cup vegetable or chicken stock, 1 cup coconut milk (canned), sea salt & pepper, 1 head of broccoli cut into florets, 1 large zucchini (sliced thickly), 1 small winter squash, cubed (delicata, acorn, or butternut), juice of one lemon, chopped cilantro.
1. Heat 1 Tbs of coconut oil in a large saute pan over high heat.
2. Add chicken to the pan and saute until lightly browned and almost cooked through.
3. Remove chicken from the pan and set aside on a plate.
4. Reduce heat to medium, add melt remaining oil.
5. Add onion, stirring frequently until translucent, then add garlic, stirring for another minute.
6. Add curry powder, turmeric and cinnamon and stir until fragrant for a minute.
7. Add stock, coconut milk, salt & pepper. 8. Bring to a boil, turn heat to low and simmer for 10 min.
9. Add broccoli, zucchini and winter squash. Cook for 5 min. or until vegetables are tender.
10. Return chicken to pan and cook for another 5 min.
11. Turn heat off, add lemon juice and let curry sit covered for 10 min.
12. Serve on individual plates over rice or cauliflower rice and top with chopped cilantro.
Curries are warm and comforting and stand up for a complete meal. The warm spices help with digestion and speed up your metabolism. They are also high in antioxidants to ward off inflammation and prevent cancer.
Alexandra Le Ny Health Coaching