Choose organic ingredients to avoid chemicals and GMOs.
Chicken carcass and bones, 4-6 cups of filtered water, 1 yellow onion (chopped), 4 cloves of garlic (crushed), 4 carrots (chopped), 4 celery sticks (chopped), 1 Tbs of dried thyme & 2 laurel leaves, 1/2 cup of parsley (chopped), 1 Tbs of apple cider vinegar, s & p to taste.
1. Place carcass and bones in a pot or crockpot, cover with filtered water, add apple cider vinegar and dried herbs.
2. Add chopped vegetables and bring to a simmer.3.Skim the scum at the surface with a spoon and discard.
4. Cover and gently simmer for 6-12 hours.
5. Add chopped parsley to broth 10 min. before the end.
6. Let cool. Strain vegetables and bones with a metal colander. Add salt & pepper.
7. Store in mason jars for later use. You can keep the broth one week in the fridge and up to six months in the freezer.
Bone broth is simple to prepare and the perfect comfort food for cold months. By supporting the immune system, it helps fight winter illnesses and speed up recovery. It is a nourishing food for the body and soul and easy to digest. It helps heal the lining of our guts due to its high content of fat-soluble vitamins and minerals, gelatin and collagen.
Alexandra Le Ny Health Coaching