Choose organic ingredients.
1 Tbs ghee or olive oil, 1 large onion or leek (chopped), 2 celeriacs (peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces), 4 celery ribs (cut into 1/2-inch pieces), 1/8 tsp black pepper, 1/2 tsp salt, 1 tsp thyme, 6 cups vegetable broth.
1. In a large saucepan, heat the ghee or olive oil until hot but not smoky.
2. Add the chopped onion, thyme, salt & pepper, and cook over medium heat, stirring until the onion has softened and is just starting to brown, about 5 minutes.
3. Stir in the celeriac and celery and cook until the celery starts to soften, about 5 minutes.
4. Add the broth, cover and simmer over medium low heat until the celeriac is tender, about 30 minutes.
5. Puree the soup with a hand-held blender until you reach a creamy texture.
6. Ladle the soup into bowls and garnish with celery leaves.
This delicate soup will start your meal nicely. Rooting vegetables are hearty and satisfying and help us ground down during the cold months.
Gluten-free, Paleo, Vegan, Vegetarian.
Alexandra Le Ny Health Coaching