Choose organic ingredients to avoid chemicals and GMOs.
1 head of cauliflower, 1 Tbs ghee, vegetable broth, sea salt, ground pepper, spices if desired.
1. Wash the cauliflower, remove the leaves and break it down into florets, cutting the core into chunks.
2. Place the cauliflower florets into a food processor. Process until they resemble rice. If the florets process unevenly, put the riced cauliflower in a bowl, then continue to process larger pieces.
3. Heat ghee on medium heat in a large skillet or Dutch oven.
4. Add the cauliflower rice, salt, pepper and spices if desired. Mix together all ingredients using a wooden spoon and saute for about 3 mn.
5. Add some vegetable broth to moisten the rice as needed and saute for another 3 mn. Do not overcook to avoid cauliflower getting mushy.
6. Serve as a side dish. Pairs well with fish, meat, chicken or legumes.
Cauliflower rice resembles rice in terms of texture and versatility, although the taste is definitely not akin. I like to serve it as a side dish whenever rice is called, for a lighter meal than rice-based dishes. Cauliflower is a cruciferous vegetable that supports your body’s detoxification pathways.
Gluten-free, Dairy-free, Paleo, Vegan, Vegetarian.
Alexandra Le Ny Health Coaching