4 cups low-sodium vegetable broth or water, 1 yellow onion (diced), 3 cloves garlic (crushed), 1 Tbs freshly grated ginger, 1/2 tsp ground turmeric, 1 pound carrots (coarsely chopped), 1 medium Yukon gold potato (peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks), 1 tsp lemon juice, 1 Tbs chopped fresh cilantro.
1. Heat 1/2 cup broth to a simmer in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic, turmeric and ginger and cook until tender, about 6 mn, stirring occasionally.
2. Add carrots, potato and remaining broth and heat to a boil. Reduce to a simmer, cover and cook 25 mn or until vegetables are tender.
3. In batches, carefully puree in a blender or use a handheld blender. Add water or broth if needed to thin to desired consistency.
4. Reheat soup if necessary.
5. Stir in lemon juice and garnish with cilantro.
The carrots in this unctuous soup will ground you and satisfy a sweet tooth, while the ginger will bring some warmth to your body. It is full of antioxidants, immune- building and anti-inflammatory properties to prepare your body for a colder weather.
Gluten-free, Paleo, Vegan, Vegetarian.
Alexandra Le Ny Health Coaching