Choose organic ingredients to avoid chemicals and GMOs.
1 Tbs ghee or olive oil, 1 yellow onion (diced), 1 large or 2 medium red potato per person (cubed), 1 Savoy cabbage (core removed & chopped), 3 garlic cloves (crushed), 1 tsp thyme, 1 laurel leaf, 1/2 cup parsley (chopped), 1 tsp sea salt, ½ tsp black pepper, 4-6 cups of water, 1 cup of milk of choice.
1. Heat ghee or olive oil in a large pot over medium-high.
2. Chop onion and saute for 5mn.
3. Add garlic and saute another 5mn.
4. Add chopped cabbage, cubed ham & potatoes (you can leave the skin on), water and seasonings.
5. Cook under cover for 30mn until soft.
6. Turn the gas off and add milk of choice.
7. Remove laurel leaf, add chopped parsley and serve in individual bowls.
This hearty soup is a complete meal in itself. I like to make it when I have leftover ham. Use leftovers for lunch or freeze to enjoy on busy days. Cabbage has many gut healing and detoxifying benefits.
Gluten-free, Vegan, Vegetarian.
Alexandra Le Ny Health Coaching