Choose organic ingredients to avoid chemicals and GMOs.
1 Tbs coconut oil or ghee, 1 yellow onion (diced), 1 butternut squash (peeled and cubed), 4 cups water, 1 tsp warm spices (cardamom, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg), 1 tsp salt & pepper.
1. Heat coconut oil or ghee in a large pot over medium-high.
2. Saute onion for 5mn. Add squash, water and seasonings.
3. Cook under cover for 30mn.
4. Process carefully with an immersion blender.
5. Serve with parsley sprinled on top.
Butternut squash is one of my favorite winter squashes. It is naturally sweet and high in betacarotene, good for the eyes, skin and anti-cancer.
Gluten-free, Paleo, Vegan, Vegetarian.
Alexandra Le Ny Health Coaching