Choose organic ingredients to avoid chemicals and GMOs.
1 cup pitted soft Medjool dates, 1/2 cup boiled water, 1 cup almond flour, 1/2 cup cacao powder, 1/2 tsp baking powder, 1/4 cup coconut oil (melted), 2 Tbs maple syrup, 1 tsp vanilla extract, pinch sea salt.
1. Preheat oven at 350F.
2. Pour the boiled water over the pitted & chopped dates in a bowl and allow to sit for 10 mn.
3. Place the dates in the bowl of a food processor. Process the dates until smooth, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed.
4. Add the almond flour, cacao powder, coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla and sea salt to the food processor and process again until smooth.
5. Spread the mixture into an 8x8-inch pan, line with parchment paper.
6. Bake for 20 mn and let cool down before cutting.
7. Cut brownies into squares and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
I made this decadent yet healthy brownie substituting sugar for dates. I love how versatile dates are! They are packed with vitamins A & B, calcium, iron, magnesium, potassium and fiber. Use them to sweeten you food naturally in porridge, smoothie, cake, bars, syrup or as a quick energy snack.
Gluten-free, Dairy-free, Sugar-free, Paleo, Vegan, Vegetarian.
Alexandra Le Ny Health Coaching