Choose organic ingredients to avoid chemicals and GMOs.
Berry mix: 5 cups of frozen berries, 1 cup soaked pitted dates.Rawnola: 3 cups gluten-free oats, 3 cups pitted dates, 1/4 cup walnuts, 2 Tbs dried coconut flakes, 1 tsp cinnamon, pinch of salt.
1. Place the frozen berries in medium sized bowl and thaw completely.
2. Drain the berry liquid into a high-speed blender (about 1 cup) and set the berries aside. If you don’t have enough liquid, use the soaking water of dates.
3. Add 1 cup of dates to liquid and blend until smooth.
4. Add berry date paste to the thawed berries and mix well.
5. Pour berry mixture into oven-proof cups and place into oven for 10 mn at 350 F to warm up.
6. Remove from oven and top each one with 1/4 cup rawnola.
7. Sprinkle a pinch of dried coconut on top for garnish.
Rawnola: Place into a food processor and blend until crumbly. If you like your rawnola slightly crunchy on the outside but chewy on the inside, place it into a food dehydrator for 15 mn set at 115 F. Store leftovers in a sealed glass container in the fridge for up to 1 month.
This berry crumble is a much healthier version than the conventional recipe. It is gluten/dairy/sugar and guilt-free, sweetened naturally with dates! Eat it for breakfast or as a treat.
Gluten-free, Dairy-free, Vegetarian.
Alexandra Le Ny Health Coaching. Recipe adapted from Vegan Chef and Food Stylist Kristi Keating