Choose organic ingredients to avoid chemicals and GMOs.
2 cups of chopped fruit (I used frozen berries), ¼ cup chia seeds, ½ cup water, ¼ cup maple syrup or raw honey.
1. Soak chia seeds in water until mixture has a jelly-like texture for 15 mn.
2. Heat up berries in a saucepan over medium heat until they become soft, about 15 mn. Gently crush berries with a fork or masher.
3. Remove from heat and add sweetener, mix well.
4. Stir chia seed mixture into warm berry mixture, mix well. 5. Let cool for at least 10 mn and the jam will set.
6. Keep in fridge for about 2 weeks.
Stay away from making old fashioned jam with all its fuss and sugar. Make your own berry chia jam! There are only 3 healthy ingredients in this delicious jam. Berries: high in antioxidants. Chia: rich in calcium, omega 3 and fiber. Honey or maple: full of essential nutrients and enzymes.
Gluten-free, Dairy-free, Paleo, Vegan, Vegetarian.
Alexandra Le Ny Health Coaching