Choose organic ingredients to avoid chemicals and GMOs.
2 very ripe bananas, 1/2 cup water (coconut water or almond milk), 1 handful of cashews or 1/4 cup canned coconut milk for added creaminess (optional). Add-ons: 1 Tbs cacao powder, 1/2 tsp vanilla extract, 1 Tbs nut butter, 1/2 tsp cinnamon, etc.
1. Peel the bananas and slice them thickly.
2. Lay them on a tray and freeze them until solid, about 2 hours.
3. Place them in a blender or food processor and turn the machine on to blend. They will spin around and stay icy, but keep at it, stopping the machine and using a wooden spoon to loosen the mixture. At some point, it will go creamy, like soft-serve ice cream. If it doesn’t, add a little liquid and continue blending until it does.
4. You can incorporate a few add-ons a couple seconds before you turn the machine off.
5. Serve immediately or store in the freezer in a lidded container.
6. Sprinkle your favorite toppings like nuts & seeds, fresh or dried fruit, chocolate chips or cacao nibs.
This rich and creamy mock-ice cream can be made in just a few minutes and is a much healthier version than store-bought ice creams. It is gluten/dairy/sugar and guilt-free, sweetened naturally with fruit! Next time you have bananas turning all brown, peel, slice, and freeze them up!Eat it for breakfast or as a treat.
Gluten-free, Dairy-free, Paleo, Vegan, Vegetarian.
Alexandra Le Ny Health Coaching