Choose organic ingredients to avoid chemicals and GMOs.
1/2 cup gluten-free rolled oats, 1/2 cup brown rice flour, 1/4 cup ground almonds, 1/4 cup coconut oil (melted), 1/4 cup maple syrup, 1 tsp vanilla extract, 2 Tbs lemon juice, 1/2 tsp cinnamon, 4 apples (peeled, cored and cubed).
1. Combine the oats, flour, ground almonds and cinnamon in a bowl.
2. Melt the coconut oil and mix with the maple syrup and vanilla extract in a separate bowl.
3. Add the wet ingredients to the dry blend and mix everything together, working together with fingertips until mixture resembles coarse meal.
3. Toss the apples with the lemon juice and place them in a 8x8 baking dish.
4. Distribute topping evenly over the apples.
5. Bake in the oven at 350F for 45mn or until the apples are soft. Serve warm.
Apple crumble if the perfect comfort food for colder weather. It is easy to digest and provides complex carbohydrates to balance your blood sugar. It is healthy enough so you can have it at breakfast, snack or dessert. Serve with coconut vanilla ice cream as a treat.
Alexandra Le Ny Health Coaching