Choose organic ingredients whenever possible to avoid toxins.
1 cup gluten-free flour, 1 cup almond flour, 2 tsp guar or xanthan gum, 1 tsp baking soda, ½ tsp salt, 1/2 stick unsalted butter (softened) or 4 Tbs coconut oil, 1/2 cup cane or coconut sugar, 1 egg, 1 tsp almond extract.
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
3. In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients.
4. In the large bowl of a mixer, combine butter and sugar and beat for 3 minutes until mixture is a pale yellow. Add in egg and almond extract.
5. Add dry ingredients, slowly mixing until dough forms. Place bowl in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to chill.
6. Remove half the dough and roll out onto a lightly floured surface to ¼-inch thickness. Use star shapes or other cookie cutters to cut out cookies and place them on prepared cookie sheets. Repeat with second half of dough, if dough becomes too sticky, chill again.
7. Bake in preheated oven 15 minutes until light brown. Remove and let cool thoroughly before handling and decorating.
Enjoy these gluten-free cookies with a subtle and delicious almond taste during the holidays or whenever the envy arises.
Alexandra Le Ny Health Coaching