Choose organic ingredients to avoid chemicals and GMOs.
3 pounds cooking apples (6-8 apples) cored and quartered, 1/2 cup water, 2 Tbs lemon juice, 1 Tbs freshly grated ginger, 1 tsp ground cinnamon, 1/2 tsp each cardamom, clove, nutmeg.
1. Place apples, water and lemon juice in a heavy saucepan. Cover and bring to a boil.
2. Reduce heat to a simmer and add grated ginger and spices.
3. Simmer, stirring often, until apples are soft, about 20 mn.
4. Process applesauce with a hand-held blender for a smooth applesauce or serve chunky (with or without the peels) after mashing.
5. The applesauce can be made up to a week in advance and stored covered in the refrigerator.
This naturally sweet treat is the perfect Fall dessert, minus all the calories you would typically find in a pie or cake. The smooth texture and sweet spices will warm up your body and comfort you on a cold windy day. Apples are full of fiber and spices are high in antioxidants.
Gluten-free, Paleo, Vegan, Vegetarian.
Alexandra Le Ny Health Coaching